Terms and Conditions
Before using Stringbucket, please read these Terms carefully. These Terms are a legal agreement between you and Stringbucket regarding your use of Stringbucket.
The term "Service" means the online translation and localization platform Stringbucket provided by us via the Internet. The term “Third Parties” describes companies, online services or other software products that are not Stringbucket and are not provided by the company or its affiliates.
The term "Content" means all materials, data or information uploaded by you, your company, your translators or Service users that are granted with access to your account. Content includes but not limited to: localization and translation resources, source and translated files, glossaries, translation memories, reference materials.
2. Registration and Stringbucket Accounts
In order to use Stringbucket services, you are be required to register and obtain an account with Stringbucket. You should provide true, actual and complete information while registering, and update your account information if necessary.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for all activities that occur under your account. Stringbucket will not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to provide accurate information or to keep your password secure. Please use the unique combination of numbers, letters and special characters for passwords and be sure to log out of your account at the end of each session.
2.1. Account Terms
- You must be 13 years or older to use Stringbucket.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your Stringbucket account may only be used by one person — a single account shared between multiple people is not permitted.
- You are responsible for all the posted Content and activities that occur under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one free account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or trademark laws).
3. Usage of Stringbucket
You should use Stringbucket in compliance with all applicable international, state, federal and local laws and in accordance with these Terms.
Stringbucket reserves the right, in its sole discretion to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Stringbucket's sole discretion violates this provision. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- accessing Stringbucket if you are involved somehow in the development or promotion of a competitive solution, except with our prior written consent;
- selling, reselling or offering for any purposes, any part of Stringbucket, except where specifically endorsed from Stringbucket;
- collecting content from Stringbucket as part of a database or other project;
- framing or otherwise incorporating Stringbucket, or any portion of Stringbucket, as part of another website or service;
- accessing Stringbucket by any other way than through the interface provided by Stringbucket.
4. Copyright and Content Ownership
Stringbucket claims no intellectual property rights over the resources and materials you upload or create at Stringbucket. Your account and resources uploaded remain yours. All the translations made, project resources that are generated as a result of Service operation (including translated texts, project activity log, Translation Memories and Glossaries) stands by you without any restrictions or conditions if not other specified (Optionally, you may ask Stringbucket to provide you the translation materials from the Service Global Translation Memory in exchange for gathering translated strings of your project).
However, by creating Open projects at Stringbucket, you agree to allow others to view your Content.
Stringbucket does not moderate the Content you upload or create in the Service, but we claim the right in our sole discretion to refuse or remove the Content if it violates this terms, applicable international, state, federal or local laws, also if the Content is offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable.
Stringbucket does not claim an obligation to monitor or review your materials.
5. Third Parties
Stringbucket will maintain appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for the protection of the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your Content. We will not modify, disclose your private data except cases described below.
The common cases when your Content partly is being shared with the third parties are:
- you have enabled Machine Translation feature for your project. Having this, the Service will ask machine translation services to provide translation suggestion for particular text segment of your project;
- you asked us to translate your Content via Professional Translation Agency.
6. General Conditions
- Stringbucket reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service (temporarily or permanently) with or without warnings.
- Stringbucket reserves the right to modify service pricing at any time. Service customers will be warned before pricing change and will be able to make a decision regarding further usage.
- The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. You must agree to use the Service at your sole risk.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Stringbucket customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You should not upload to the service any content protected by the copyright or the Content that is an intellectual property of others.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You agree not to send or be involved in sending unsolicited private messages via the Service.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by the Service team), we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- Stringbucket does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Stringbucket shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Stringbucket has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org